Generally, when working project includes face cutting, outer cutting, and inner cutting three ways and rough or heavy cutting, of course we will try to extend the clamping length, and calculate the suitable pressure.
- Question (1): How to calculate the shortest clamp length without experience?
- Question (2): How to calculate the most proper clamp pressure without experience?
At first we should clarify a concept: When we machine one work piece, the first thing we should think about is “how to cut it into two halves"?
- The work piece is split in half, we must consider another important issue?
- How to fold? How long to clamp? Inter clamp or outer clamp? How to set the standard face?
Sum of the above questions:
- Decided the hold surface
- The thickness of holding (diameter 2mm. the maximum pressure 1kg/cm square)
There is no formula for clamping length and pressure, because too many factors to consider (like the work piece shape, cut strength and feed ....)
Suggestions are as following:
thickness unilateral 1mm which pressure is up to 1kg/cm square speed only, 800R.P.M. . the gripping surface should be above 3mm (or more).
Bewise Inc., being a professional manufacturer of various cutting tools, is endeavoring to make excellent products. We are very experienced in custom-made tools, and good at solving customers’ problems when they meet difficulties and troubles. Through everlasting research and practices, we understand thoroughly about different materials of cutters and cutting tools.
BW's popular products for tool series including circular saw, carbide cutting tool, saw blade, wood saw blade, special tool,side milling cutter, …etc; For machines we have spiral tube cooler, cutter grinder, and the latest design and advanced powder forming machine / pelletizer. Bewise is a superior manufacturer and supplier of cutter production and machinery industry.